The GPE Shoe Plate Spring type seal is the most versatile and common primary sealing system within the industry. This cost effective model brings innovation, performance and durability in one place and is the exact interpretation of adding value to the customers by GPE. The GPE Bolt Gear® assembly eliminates all hot works and allows for easier and safer installation and tank maintenance. The spring steel parts are manufactured according to GPE specially engineered strict specifications to maximize sealing pressure and longevity of the system. GPE tailor made UV resistant composite parts are durable in even the most aggressive services and corrosive products. The seal rings extend into the product to ensure vapor retention and above the rim to ensure rainwater drains onto the pontoon.
These unique specifications are the reasons why GPE shoe plate spring mechanical seal remains unsurpassed in function and performance.
The GPE shoe plate spring type seals are designed and sized to fit the specific tank and floating roof dimensions up to 110m and perform well in rim spaces ranging 200 ±100 mm.
Feature and Benefits:
· The most cost effective solution in tank sealing.
· Wide application range: Accommodates variety of rim spaces and in different tank sizes.
· Effectively dampens horizontal movement of the floating roof
· Even distribution of sealing pressure around the rim space to avoid any off centering of the floating roof.
· Each seal tailored to the tank: Each tank has its own variations in roundness and verticality. To provide the most effective sealing, in GPE we use varying length parts for varying rim spaces within a given tank.
· Available for internal or external floating roofs.
· Stays level as rim space varies: Very useful feature specially in wider rim spaces and to minimize the secondary seal level, which can add effective capacity.
· Flawless operation and long life: Specially engineered materials to ensure a high tight seal and failure free life time performance. Sliding parts in contact with the tank shell are wear resistant.
· Compatible with virtually all stored products.
· Flame retardant composite materials.
· GPE Bolt Gear® assembly that allows for quick, easy, safe installation and maintenance
· Excellent flexibility: Conforms well to local anomalies in shell roundness.