The GPE Pantograph type seal is a primary seal and is the pioneer of mechanical sealing concept within the industry. It designed and sized to fit the specific tank and floating roof dimensions up to 110m and perform well in rim spaces ranging 200 ±100 mm.
The space between the sealing ring and the roof is closed by GPE UV resistant, specific continuous seal composite layer. The pushing force that keeps the sealing rings maintained on their position comes from the interaction between weights and arms as the sealing mechanism. The seal rings extend into the product to ensure vapor retention and above the rim to ensure rainwater drains onto the pontoon.
Feature and Benefits:
· Wide application range: Accommodates variety of rim spaces and in different tank sizes.
· Each seal tailored to the tank: Each tank has its own variations in roundness and verticality. To provide the most effective sealing, in GPE we use varying length parts for varying rim spaces within a given tank.
· Flawless operation: Specially engineered materials to ensure a high tight seal and failure free life time performance. Sliding parts in contact with the tank shell are wear resistant.
· Continuous distribution of sealing pressure around the rim space to avoid any off centering of the floating roof.
· Long life: All parts are manufactured according to GPE specially engineered strict specifications to maximize sealing pressure and longevity of the system.
· Flame retardant composite materials.
· Compatible with virtually all stored products.
· GPE Bolt Gear® assembly that allows for quick, easy, safe installation and maintenance (for pre-installation requirements please check the erection manual).